12 days have come and gone and we are all the much stronger for it! For those of you who did not read my previous post, Carlie and I attempted 12 days of fitness challenges in order to jumpstart a healthy December. We both sat down and conjured up 12 different challenges (both general fitness and climbing related) that we would attempt to do in 12 days. Well, it’s been 12 days and we’re ready to talk about the experience!
I did not think this would be as challenging as it was, but holy. It turned out not to be the challenges that were the difficult part, but setting a side enough time to actually do them! I hate using that excuse, “I didn’t have time”, but I genuinely felt like there just wasn’t enough time in the day to do 1000 squats or 2000 jumping jacks. Life is busy, that’s just the way it is. I can say though that I did learn ways to fit in a workout even when I was pressed for time. Successful challenge I’d say! 🙂
Other thoughts from this challenge:
- 8 out of 12 challenges ain’t bad! I’ll take it.
- 2000 jumping jacks takes longer to execute than previously imagined.
- Don’t do exercises around friends and expect them not to heckle.
- Burpees can be done very sloppy, and they still count!
- No pain, no gain! (that’s what I kept telling myself during the soreness).
Climb on xx